Dining Hours: Sundays-Thursdays 3pm-7pm
Food Pantry: Thursdays 3pm-7pm
**Last meal serving is at 7:30pm. Be sure to come before that time to be served a meal.
**TO GET INVOLVED OR TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MASBIA OF BORO PARK, PLEASE CALL 718-972-4446, OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org.
A few important guidelines to enhance your dining experience at Masbia…
- Everybody in need is welcome. No qualifications are required and no questions are asked. However, in order to serve as many people in financial need as possible, we ask that those who dine at Masbia on a more regular and continuing basis to have a reference letter with them, either from a social worker or a community leader.
- Please sign your name at the entrance. Our site manager will then usher you to your table with an assigned number. This allows our waiters to serve you more efficiently and helps us keep accurate daily records to meet demand.
- Each person in need of a meal needs to sign in separately. If you are a mother/father with children, or any other group, please sign in everyone in your party. We need a signature for every meal served.
- High chairs and booster seats are available upon request.
- Please do not serve yourself a hot meal. Once you are signed in, we have waiters who will check the list and serve you at your table. Only bread, condiments, coffee and tea are self-serve at a separate counter.
- Do not clean up after yourselves. Our waiters will pick up after you and clear your table. This is to ensure that everything is cleaned and put away properly.
- Please keep your stay at Masbia down to 20– 25 minutes. Our seating is limited, so we need to maintain a quick turnover in order to accommodate others waiting to be served a meal.
- Please respect the space and privacy of others. Do not use headphones, talk on your cell phone, or take up unnecessary space with newspapers, etc. Remember-- Masbia is a place to eat and we want everyone to be able to enjoy their meal here.
- Please try to dress appropriately. This means no tanks or shirts with offensive print, and no short shorts or short skirts.
- We CANNOT serve second helpings NOR can we let you take out a meal. All meals must be served on the premises. To be fair to all, there are NO exceptions because we need to ensure that we can provide for anyone who comes through our doors.
- On Thursdays from 3pm to 7:30pm, we hand out “weekend packages” to those who wish to take home meals for the days we are closed. On signing in, please inquire about our Weekend Take-Home Packages and fill out a separate intake form.
- Our last meal serving is at 7:30pm. Please arrive ahead of this time to be served a meal or receive a weekend package.
- If you are looking to speak to a social worker or are in need of Medicaid, Food Stamps, WIC, SSI, etc., please ask the site manager. Informative fliers about local enrollment facilities are available.